Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Grandmother the Queen Bee



I call my grandmother Ammama*.  She could be described as a busy ant, since she is quite incapable of  sitting still and doing nothing, and often darts about the place doing things, remembers other things to do and darts about doing those things. But I prefer describing her as a queen bee because she thrives to organise the world. To speak of her days can be slightly dizzying.

Her need to plan coupled with her absent-mindedness has led to there being a detailed list of things to do in every bedroom and calendar(she has a lot of these) in her house.
Striking off things to do in her various lists does not entail a relaxed day with a book and some tea. It only means more free time and more things that can be done.

Sometimes we get alarmed by the number of things she insists on doing, despite tiring out quickly, but she instantly tells us off with an annoyed click of her tongue, saying there is no time like the present.

Currently, she is making better use of my free time than I am and finishing off some “long pending work” with my help. 

*Ammama: Grandmother in Malayalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...